Your new Ford may come with a built-in FordPass Connect modem. If so, you can travel with a range of features including up to 4G LTE WiFi for as many as 10 devices. Here’s how to activate the technology.
- First, check you've activated your modem. If you’re not sure how to do that, you can watch our video: How to activate your FordPass modem
- TOP TIP: Using your FordPass app, you'll need to set up your free trial. You do this with your local network provider, not Ford.
- Once you've set up your free trial, tap your car on the 'Move' landing page in the FordPass app
- Then tap 'Vehicle Hotspot' followed by 'Manage My Account'.
- You'll be notified you're leaving the FordPass app.
- Now tap 'Ok'.
- TOP TIP: When you see your local mobile provider's webpage, just follow the instructions to register. Once registered, you can connect multiple devices.
- Next tap 'Settings' on your SYNC screen, select 'FordPass Connect', then select 'Vehicle Hotspot'.
- Tap on 'Settings' to view your WiFi Hotspot Name, then 'View password' to reveal the password.
- You connect your device using an SSID (name) and Password, just like you would at home.
- To change either, just select 'Edit', then 'Change password' and a pop up will tell you it was successful.
- Finally, to activate the WiFi in your car, log back into your local network provider’s portal.
SO YOU KNOW…
- After your 3-month trial with your local network provider, they'll email you when you're nearly out of your free data. After that, you can buy more per day or month, or for a whole year.
- You're in charge of the devices connected to your WiFi hotspot. So if you want, you can turn off access to individual ones using the SYNC screen.
- You can connect to the WiFi hotspot from outside the car too, up to 15m away.
- Remote features and Live Traffic will work even without a data plan, so there are no obligations.
That’s how easy it is to make your car a WiFi hotspot.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, you can simply contact your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you make best use of both FordPass and FordPass Connect.