You only need two things to keep your alloy wheels clean: the right cleaning products and a little bit of elbow grease. Discover how best to use them both.
If you want to keep your alloy wheels looking great, you need to keep them clean. Here’s how to do it:
- First, make sure the ignition’s turned off and give your wheels time to cool.
- Using soapy water and a soft sponge, wash off the worst of the dirt.
- TOP TIP. Industrial cleaners are a real ‘no-no’. Use a shampoo made for the job.
- Use a tyre brush to reach between the spokes. Or an old toothbrush will do.
- For tar spots, use a tar removing spray.
- Now, jet wash or hose away any remaining grime.
- A tyre cleaner will help keep your tyres looking their best, too.
- Finally, dry everything with a soft cloth or chamois leather.
That’s how easy it is to clean your alloy wheels.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, just ask your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.