The first thing you need to do is download the FordPass app to your smartphone. Once you’ve done that, simply follow the steps below:
- Connect your phone to your vehicle via Ford Applink.
- For iPhones, you need to use a USB cable to connect. For Android phones, you can connect via Bluetooth.
- The SYNC screen in your vehicle will prompt you to disable Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
- Just tap ‘Disable’.
- Tap the ‘Mobile Apps’ button on your SYNC screen…
- Then select ‘FordPass’
- You’ll be prompted to accept the terms and conditions.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Your mobile apps will now be enabled.
- You’ll also be asked if you’d like to share driving information with the FordPass app.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to take advantage of more features.
- TOP TIP: By sharing your driving information, you can access the full suite of FordPass features, including ‘My Journeys’, which gives you useful insights into your driving habits and fuel usage.
- Now that Applink has been enabled, tap ‘Yes’ on the next screen to add your vehicle into the FordPass App.
- The tap ‘Yes’ again to enable your FordPass Connect modem.
- This gives you access to remote features, like locking and unlocking your car with your phone.
- Tap ‘Close’ and wait for the confirmation prompt.
- You’ll be asked to confirm the association of your vehicle with your FordPass account.
- Tap ‘Yes’.
- TOP TIP: By activating your modem, you’ll gain access to some of the best FordPass features. These included remote locking and unlocking, Live Traffic and if you have an automatic vehicle, you can start the engine remotely.
And that’s it. You’ve successfully added your vehicle to the FordPass app and can enjoy a range of new features.
If there's anything you're not sure about, you can simply contact your FOrd Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you make best use of both FordPass and FordPass Connect.