With C-MAX, you don’t have to be an origami expert to fold the seats. Or a champion weightlifter to remove them. In this video, you’ll see why.
Thanks to an ingenious seating system, you can reconfigure the space in your C-MAX to carry almost any load. This is how to do it:
- First, remove both parts of the luggage cover and push the head restraints to their lowest positions.
- Remove the seatbelts from the belt guides. Then separate the seatbelt from the buckle and secure it in the seatbelt holder.
- Gently push the buckles into the seat and pull the side lever to fold each seat flat.
- WHEN FOLDING OR UNFOLDING THE SEATS, TAKE CARE NOT TO GET YOUR FINGERS CAUGHT.
- Lift the lower bar to release each seat from the floor and tip them forward.
- All three seats can be folded independently of one another.
- To secure the seats in place, pull out the bungee cords and attach them to the front head restraints.
- For even more space, the rear seats can be removed completely.
- First detach the bungee cords. Angle the seat at roughly 45° and push down both red levers to open the locking mechanism.
- THE REAR SEATS ARE HEAVY. TO AVOID INJURY, TAKE CARE WHEN LIFTING THE SEATS.
- To put the seat back just reverse the process.
- Lift the red levers up and check the jaws are fully open.
- Line the seat up with the locks, then click it back in place.
- Now push both red levers up to secure the seat.
- MAKE SURE THE SEATS ARE FULLY ENGAGED IN THE LATCHES.
- Before folding them down, depress the lower bar underneath each seat and check the latches are in the extended position.
- Push each seat back in place. Then, pull the levers to lift each seat back up.
That’s how to maximise space in your 5-seat Ford C-MAX.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, you can always refer to your Owner’s Manual, or simply contact your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.