Checking your tyre pressures is easy. And that’s good news, because it’s also really important. Learn how to do it now and it’ll soon become second nature.
Tyre pressure can affect your car’s handling and fuel efficiency. So it needs to be right. This is how to check it:
- First, make sure your handbrake’s on and the ignition’s off.
- Give the tyres around three hours to cool. It gives a more accurate reading.
- Inside your door frame, a chart shows the correct tyre pressures: they’re marked in PSI and BAR.
- Get yourself a tyre pressure gauge. There are manual and digital ones.
- Unscrew the dust caps on your tyres. And keep them somewhere safe!
- Press the gauge onto the valve and you’ll hear a little hiss of air.
- The number shows the pressure.
- TOP TIP: Tyres at the wrong pressure will wear out faster. They’re also less safe. So check them regularly.
- Got a spare tyre?
- Then it’s worth checking that, too.
- Finally, don’t forget to screw all your dust caps back on.
That’s how easy it is to check your Ford’s tyre pressures.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, you can always refer to your Owner’s Manual, or simply contact your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.