Ford Assistance is a roadside rescue, repair and recovery service that helps you at home or anywhere in Europe, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Every new Ford passenger car and commercial vehicle comes with one year's free Ford Assistance. Up to nine people are covered.
How it works
In case of a break down or if your vehicle doesn’t start, Ford Assistance is there to help you in nearly all European countries. All it takes is one phone call and help will arrive – whether you need free on-the-spot repairs, towing, a replacement vehicle, overnight accommodation, help to get home or any of our other services. Simply check your vehicle's service portfolio (formally Warranty & Service Guide) for the Ford Assistance periods for your vehicle.
What is included?
Breakdown support at any time. Ford Assistance offers the following benefits in virtually every country in Europe:
Roadside assistance. If the repair cannot be carried out the same day, you have a choice of:
- Use of a hire car for a maximum of 2 working days
- First class rail travel for the onward journey
- Air fare up to a maximum of 600 Euros if the journey by rail is more than six hours (also covers collection of the vehicle)
- Maximum of 3 nights in a hotel whilst the repair is carried out, not exceeding 100 Euros (excl. VAT, incl. breakfast) per person per night (only applies if you break down more than 80 km from your home)
These benefits cover up to 9 people (occupant capacity of a Ford Transit). A breakdown is deemed to have taken place when your journey cannot be continued immediately owing to a fault which is covered by the Ford Assistance warranty.
Ford Assistance is available for:
- All new Ford vehicles, from the date of first registration until the next scheduled service is due. (Please refer to your owner’s handbook for your Ford vehicle’s service intervals)
If you break down in Ireland you should call: 1800 445566
Ford Assistance only applies in the event of a breakdown. Hire cars, driving school vehicles and taxis are only covered for roadside assistance and towing.