When you save fuel, you save money. So for some top, fuel saving tips, take a look at this short video.
Many Ford cars have fuel saving technologies built in. But there are other ways you can save fuel, too. For example:
- Replacing oil, during servicing, can help your car run more efficiently.
- Get your Ford Dealer to make sure your wheels are aligned correctly.
- Use a gauge to check your tyre pressures regularly. The correct PSI and BAR are marked on a chart: it’s inside your door.
- If there’s any unnecessary weight in your car, take it out and leave it at home.
- If you don’t need your roof rack or box, take it off.
- When the air-con’s on, it can use more fuel. So try not to use it too much.
- When you’re driving, an open window or sunroof can affect your car’s aerodynamics. But closed, they’re more efficient.
- Also, try to accelerate smoothly, avoid high speeds, and change gear before the engine revs too highly.
That’s how easy it is to save fuel in your Ford.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, just ask your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.