In the event of an accident, a few simple rules can be a great help to all drivers:
1. Secure the scene of the accident
- Switch on hazard lights
- Set up your warning triangle; if you are on a motorway, move to a safe place together with other involved parties, e.g. behind a crash barrier
2. First Aid
- Check the casualty’s breathing and pulse
- Place the casualty in the recovery position
- Treat shock, stop any bleeding
3. Call the emergency services (112). Provide the following information:
- What happened?
- Where did it happen?
- When did it happen?
- How many casualties are there?
- Who is calling?
4. Call Ford Assistance
5. Record details of the accident and document evidence
- Speak to witnesses and note their contact details
- Take photographs showing scale
- Fill out an accident report and have it signed by all participants – signing the form does not represent acceptance of liability.
If you're involved in an accident, record the details on our accident information leaflet while they’re still fresh in your mind. If you print it out and keep it in your glove compartment, it will help you provide your insurance company with all the details of your accident when notifying them.