The Website may enable you to purchase accessories or book a service. Some of these products and/or services are provided by Ford's partners who will collect additional personal information from you in order to fulfil your requests. Our partners will use the personal information they collect as they describe in their privacy statements or as they explain when you provide your personal information.
In addition to this Policy, some Ford products and services (including some Ford apps) have their own privacy policies which describe in more detail how your personal information is used in a particular context. You can also find out more about what information your vehicle collects and uses by consulting the owners' manual or its accompanying app (where available), and about how your personal information is used when your Ford vehicle is serviced or repaired.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- companies or other organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf;
- companies or other organisations where you have asked us to or agreed that we may share your personal information with them;
- dealers and our partners where this is necessary to provide you with a product or service;
- professional advisors;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
Ford may also transfer your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy to any Ford Motor Company Group company worldwide and its service providers. A list of the companies within Ford Motor Company Group is available at http://corporate.ford.com/homepage.html.
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with Irish law concerning data protection and may be transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as well as to countries outside the EEA (including to the USA). Ford will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected when it is transferred to countries outside the EEA.
What information will we use?
Ford collects personal information from the Website:
- when you fill in forms (for example, if you register for a MyFord account or request a test drive); and
The Website enables you to provide personal information including:
- your name and contact information (such as your address and email address) and information about your business or employer if you are enquiring in a commercial capacity;
- information about your vehicle (including your Vehicle Identification Number ("VIN"), vehicle registration number and mileage);
- the products and services in which you are interested; and
- your contact and marketing preferences.
In addition, we:
- collect your personal information if you contact us using the details available through the Website (for example, we will keep a record of the information you provide when you write to us or contact our customer service centres); and
- may combine the information we hold with information about you or your interests, socio-economic and socio-demographic status, online identifiers and current contact details collected by third parties, but only when those third parties have your consent to this.
How do we use your information?
We use the personal information we collect from the Website to:
- fulfil your requests (for example, to create your My Ford account, or to enable you to book test drives or request vehicle brochures);
- manage our business and our relationship with you;
- deal with your enquiries;
- send you marketing material in line with your communications preferences;
- comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and to prevent and detect crime and fraud; and
- understand how the Website is used so that we can improve it.
We may combine and analyse your personal information to:
- help us develop and improve our products and services;
- to understand our customers better; and
- to manage and improve our relationship with you.
This could include, for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conducting market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you, and contacting you to tell you about such products and services.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to access that information and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our use of your personal information.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However, certain legislation, especially related to safety issues or financial regulation might prevent this.
If you have chosen to receive marketing communications from Ford you can change your mind at any time. If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from Ford, please write to:
Henry Ford and Son Limited
If you have questions or concerns regarding Ford's use of your personal information, or would like to access the information that Ford holds about you, please contact the relevant address above.
Other websites and social networking
The Website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of those websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
The Website may also offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about Ford, the Website or the products and/or services available through it using third party social networking functionality (such as through “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in the Website among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about the Website with your contacts. However, you should be aware that sharing personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make substantial or material changes in the way we wish to use your personal information we will communicate providing a prominent notice on the Website or by contacting you directly. If you do not agree with these changes, please do not continue to use the Website.
Henry Ford and Son Limited. Registered in Ireland: No.4441, Registered Office: Elm Court, Boreenmanna Road, Cork, Ireland.