Ford Service is helping raise awareness of Road Safety Week (4th – 10th October), with a FREE Tyre Safety Check from one of our participating Ford Dealers nationwide throughout the month of October.
In Ireland, defective or illegal tyres are contributory factor in an average of 14 roads deaths each year. Each month 8,500 vehicles are classified as being dangerously defective for ‘Tyre Tread’ and ‘Tyre Condition’ across NCT and CVRT testing systems.
Correct tyre maintenance and understanding the dangers of defective and illegal tyres is key to ensuring every journey you make in your Ford is as safe as possible.
Make sure you book a FREE Tyre Safety Check online with one of our participating dealers this October, or alternatively you will receive this alongside any service and repair work as part of a free Ford Video Check.Free Tyre Check 2020
Find a Dealer Book Now
Check your tyres at home
Routine tyre maintenance is quick and easy, and consists of three areas: Air Pressure, Condition and Tread Depth (ACT). You should check your tyres at least once a month and before long journeys.
- Check your tyre pressures at least once a month or before any long journeys, when the tyres are cold (before you have driven more than a couple of miles).
- Check the pressure in ALL tyres – including the spare.
- Remember to use an accurate and reliable pressure gauge, and replace the valve caps securely after checking the tyre pressures.
- Tyre pressures should be increased If you are planning a journey with a full load in line with the recommendation in your owner’s manual. They can also be found inside the fuel filler cap or on the driver’s door pillar.
- Pressures can vary depending on load, speed and types of tyres, so if you’re not sure, just ask your Ford Dealer.
- Give each tyre a visual inspection to ensure it is in good condition.
- Look out for any bulges, lumps or cuts and remove any stones from the tread.
- If something doesn’t look right, have it inspected immediately by your Ford Dealer.
- In Ireland the legal limit of tyre tread depth is 1.6mm
- If you are found to be driving with tyres below this limit, you could be penalised with two penalty points on your driving licence and a €80 fine.
- Get a FREE tyre safety check at you local participating dealer, as part of our free Ford Video Check with any service and repair work.